Saturday, April 5, 2014

Five Things 3.28.14



1. Staycation! Because K is in law school, the last two years we have enjoyed spring break.  Last year we went to New Orleans but this year we decided to do a staycation instead.  We spent a couple lazy days on Lopez Island day drinking and playing games (and watching Pitch Perfect, obvs).  The rest of the week, we hung out at home, cooking and relaxing.  Vacation is definitely better than staycation, but any extended time I get to spend with K is still pretty great.  Next year will be the last spring break of law school, and let me tell you, I think it should be mandated for all adults, not just students!

2. My Tiny Backyard: Speaking of staycation, K and I headed to Flower World, an absolutely huge and overwhelming nursery in Maltby, WA.  In our townhouse, we have what is really a glorified patio but in our last apartment we had no outdoor space at all.  That means this year, we are working hard on making it our perfect outdoor oasis.  K, my dad and my uncle already ripped out the grass and paved it, we have some adorable cafe lights and now are slowly starting to add some greenery to the planter boxes.  It is definitely a work in progress, but I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can sit outside!

3. Vanilla Apple Cosmo:  This is a cocktail I have featured on the blog before and it is one of my absolute favorites.  It has been my cocktail of choice for the past few weeks and I don't see myself getting sick of it anytime soon.

goop.com
4. Conscious Uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow has always been a controversial picture, you either love her or hate her.  I have been squarely in the love camp since I saw Emma way back in 1996.  So, I was shocked, saddened and frankly heartbroken to learn that she was getting a divore from her husband, Chris Martin.  I wouldn't have picked Mr. Martin for my dear Gwynnie in my game of celebrity matchmaking; I always saw her with more  a Jude Law type, and I never did like that he seemed so shy to express their relationship in public.  But, still, I always thought they would be a couple to last!  And I was dismayed by the media assault on my  Gwyneth in her moment of heartbreak; in fact, I love Gwyneth so much that I even considered (no I didn't) becoming a Chris Crocker for her!.  Where so many see her as pretentious and spoiled, I think she is trying to express her emotional trauma in the most elegant way possible.  I for one am forever and always Team Gwyneth! LEAVE GWYNETH ALONE!

I nearly died from laughing during this.  Then I cried.
Girls in a nutshell!
5. Girls Season 3:  I freaking love Lena Dunham.  For all her faults, I think she is intelligent, witty and incredibly brave and Girls has become essential viewing for me.  Season Three of Girls was perhaps the strongest yet;  I loved where she took Hannah and there were some standout episodes for me; the beach house, Hannah's grandma and oh god, the role playing, oh the role playing!  I think the last episode was also really strong and I can't wait to see where it is going to go next season.   I am squarely Adam and Hannah forever and that last scene with them kind of broke my heart into a million pieces.  Adam Driver and Dunham have such palpable, strange but alluring chemistry and I want them to be on t.v. together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment